Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Graphics c++ first time .... please help?

I am a beginner in c++ programming, and i have found a good tutorial for making graphics using direct x with visual c++ 6.....


We have to download two libraries : d3dx8.lib and d3d8.lib


and not any newer or older version.... So, I want someone to tell me where to download them... and how to use them in my program ( Do we just include them and that's it?) .... Please answer in details.......





Also, if you know another easy c++ graphics tutorial, tell me ;)

Graphics c++ first time .... please help?
Typically the libraries are added to your the 'lib' directory. Then the header file is added to your 'include' directory. I'm not sure exactly where those would be in visual C++, but maybe looking somewhere for those directories will help.





Try checking out the directx page, also. I think you need the entire SDK, but I have no clue as I do most of my development on linux using glut/opengl.


http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/dire...


No comments:

Post a Comment