Saturday, May 9, 2009

C++ tutorials?

For the last little while, i have been really wanting to learn C++. Not only for my own recreation, but to help me with a future job.


first of all would you recommend C++ over any other languages like pascal, delphi, visual basic, etc.? Secondly, where can i find an EASY tutorial that slowly teaches you C++ and is easy to understand?

C++ tutorials?
Yes, I would recommend C++ without second thought. C++ is the only programming language that I know (I know HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; not programming as much) and I chose it from experienced programmer's recommendations. It's supposedly easier than Java, but more powerful than Visual Basic, which is not even considered a serious programming language. I would definitely learn C++, you can make a good career from that decision.


The tutorial that I'm using is "C++ for Dummies". It's good for beginners: not too quick, and the author speaks in plain english (not geek-speak). I would definitely recommend it.





Good luck!!! ;-)


- ♦♦Phil♦♦
Reply:Heres a one I used when I started off :





http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/





Its well structured, and quite easy to understand. C++ is a difficult language though, but I would still definatly recommend it. In the future Java will suposedly be the dominant programming language, but it is very similar to C, so that wouldnt be a problem. I personally wouldnt recomend pascal or visual basic, they arent as fast, nor can you do as much with them as you can with C.





This tutorial claims to be able to teach you C++ in 21 days, but expect to do it in a couple of months, it takes a while to grasp the logic of programming.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment